To be a global Institute of excellence in knowledge development and application.
We build quality human capital through innovative education. We do this by delivering societally relevant teaching and research programmes and consultancy services in leadership, management, public service, ICT and law. We accomplish this by employing a diverse and intellectually-engaged faculty and staff; modern facilities; efficient systems and processes underpinned by ethical leadership.
PURPOSE OF THE INSTITUTE
The overarching object of the Institute is to train public servants of the country and to provide education, training and services in the fields of leadership, management and public administration for the public sector, private sector and non-governmental organizations.
To achieve its object, the Institute shall perform the following functions:
- Promote education, training and services in the fields of leadership, business management and administration;
- Provide professional, unbiased and dedicated advisory support services to various areas of Government to enhance their capacity for sustainable development and management;
- Promote the development of managerial skills for persons employed in the public and private sectors including no-governmental organisations (NGOs), and create awareness of the need for education, training and the provision of services in the fields of leadership, management and administration as a necessary requirement for maintaining the vitality of the organisation in the development of the economy;
- Promote the use of information technology as an essential tool to create competitive advantage and enhance output for national development;
- Assist Ghanaian enterprises through cost-effective education, training and the provision of services, research and consultancy to achieve efficient cost control;
- Promote understanding and cooperation between public and private sector institutions in respect of public administration and management obligations; and
- Offer courses leading to the award of certificates, diplomas and degrees in the Institute’s areas of competence, subject to such conditions as the authorities responsible for tertiary education in the country shall direct.