Welcome to the School of Technology
The School runs an internationally-recognized range of high quality programmes in technology-related fields. It has a dynamic faculty who apply innovative teaching and learning techniques, and who also conduct theoretical and applied research in science and technology. Thus, our graduates are adequately prepared to address the practical and research challenges in science and technology.
- To be a world-class School with state-of-the-art equipment for training the best technology professionals in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- We develop quality technology professionals through innovative education. We do this by delivering knowledge- and skills-based programmes in ICT, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, and other technology-related fields. We accomplish this by employing quality faculty and staff; state-of-the-art facilities; and efficient and effective systems.
Research Publications and Related Activities
Refereed Journal Articles
- Budu, J., & Boateng, R.(2015). Mobile service capabilities; evidence from a Ghanaian Mobile Service Provider, International Journal of E-Services and Mobile Applications, 7(3), 1-17
- Adjei, J. K. (2014) Explaining the Role of Trust in Cloud Computing Services, Info, Vol. 17 Iss 1 pp. 54 - 67
- Wiafe, I., Nakata K., & Gulliver, S. (2014) Categorizing Users in Behavior Change Support Based on Cognitive Dissonance, Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing Journal.
- Wiafe, I. (2013) ‘U-FADE: A Unified Approach to Persuasive Systems Development, International Journal of Conceptual Structures and Smart Applications, 1(2), 6-10.
- Wiredu, G. O. (2014) Mobile Computer Usability: An Organizational Personality Perspective. Springer: New York.
Conferences and Workshops
- Dr. Joseph Adjei presented a paper in the International Conference on Mobile Cloud Computing, Services, and Engineering (MobileCloud 2014), in Oxford, UK. The title of the paper is “Explaining the Role of Trust in Cloud Service Acquisition.”
- Nana Assyne presented a paper in the IST-Africa 2014 Conference held at Mauritius. The title of his paper is “A Framework for Implementing Cloud Computing for Record Sharing and Accessing in the Ghanaian Healthcare Sector.”
- Nana Assyne presented a paper in the 3rd Workshop on Information Technology and Systems held at GIMPA in July 2014. The title of the paper is “Impact of Mobile Number Portability on Service Delivery on the Mobile Telecommunication Industry in Ghana: Case Study of Bhati Airtel Ghana Ltd, Kumasi.”
- Mr. Julius Azasoo presented a paper in the IEEE ICAST 2013 Conference held at Pretoria, South Africa in November 2013. The title of his paper is “Statistical Analysis of Outage Time of Commercial Telecommunication Networks in Ghana.”
- Mr. Julius Azasoo presented a paper in the 3rd Workshop on Information Technology and Systems held at GIMPA in July 2014. The title of the paper is “A Model for Transforming Traditional Meters into Smart Meters using GPRS Technology in Development Countries.”
- Prof. Gamel Wiredu served as a Volunteer at the 33rd International Conference on Information Systems held in Milan, Italy in December 2013.
- Prof. Gamel Wiredu (with Salehu Antenneh, Irwin Brown and Aysegul Toker) served on a panel in the European Conference on Information Systems held in Tel Aviv, Isreal in June 2014. The topic of the panel is “Challenges and Opportunities of an IS PhD Programme in Africa.”
- Prof. Gamel Wiredu served as a Discussant in a paper presentation session of the 74th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA in August 2014.
- This year’s annual SOT workshop dubbed 3rd Workshop on Information Technology and Systems came off successfully at the Executive Conference Centre on 2nd July 2014. A total of 49 people participated in the programme.
- Prof. Gamel Wiredu served as Editor of the African Journal of Information Systems, and was elevated to serve as Deputy Editor-in-Chief of the journal in August 2014.
- Prof. Gamel Wiredu served on a panel to interview candidates for an IT Director for the Parliamentary Service of Ghana in November 2013.
- Prof. Gamel Wiredu was appointed as the West Africa representative of the European Conference on Information Systems in September 2013.
- Prof. Gamel Wiredu spoke at the 65th Annual New Year School held at University of Ghana in January 2014. His topic is “Technology-Transformed Teaching and Learning using Mobile Technologies: The Case of GIMPA.”
- Prof. Gamel Wiredu served as Member and Chairman of NAB panels for programme accreditation and academic audit exercises.